HP Laserjet is not just the pack of drivers that is very useful and easy to install. It is also an essential download to get the most out of your printer.
HP has provided these drivers for its users to enhance the performance of the printer and scanner. But you can download and install it on your Mac OS X snow leopard, lion and mountain lion (10.6, 10.7, 10.8).
Just follow this instruction to download and install the HP LaserJet 1020 drivers on your Mac:
• Firstly don’t forget to turn off and unplug your printer connected to your system (This download includes the latest HP printing and scanning software OS X, Mountain lion and OS lion).
• Then download the drivers form any website which you like ( there are some very large files so it will take some time).
• When you will see the downloading files you will notice that HP laserJet 1020 is not among them. But don’t worry about that just yet.
• When the files are downloaded install them on your computer just by following the instruction computer is giving to you.
• After installing the drivers restart your computer and check if the drivers in your system are successfully updated.
• When you see that the drivers are updated plugin the printer and start it. Then connect the printer with your Mac computer.
• Next step for you is that you go to the settings of your computer through control panel and go to system preferances.
• Choose printer and fax then press the + sign to add the printer and choose HP laserJet 1020 printer .
If this doesn’t work you can call the HP printer customer care or follow this another method:
• Turn off and unplug the printer connected to your system.
• Dowload and install the latest HP laserJet 1020 drivers on your Mac computer.
• go to the start and choose control panel and go to the printer setup utility.
• Choose HP laserJet 1022 18.104.22.1681.
• Download the .dmg file and save it in the drivers folder.
• Go to the library and click on the receipts and delete any files for HP laserJet 1020.
• Go to the printer setup utility again and delete any file for HP 1020.
• After that run the .dmg file you have downloaded. It will be labeled as HP laserJet 1022 but run it anyway.
• Turn and connect the printer.
• Go to the system preferances and choose printer and fax.
• Select HP laserJet 1020 and press the add button.
If still you are facing the problem in installing the drivers them call the HP printer customer support.
Read more: HP Printer contact number
Source URL: How to Install HP laserJet 1020 drivers on Mac